To install some struts, it may be necessary to rotate the upper strut mount insulator which can be separated from the mount. The directions are as follows:
- Make a mark on the upper mount in line with (depending on the model) the notch in the strut pinch bolt area or the steering knuckle bracket.
- Disassemble and loosen the spring compressor so you can remove the mount and insulator.
- Separate the rubber insulator from the underside of the mount and then put the insulator back onto the spring so that the insulator matches the spring position.
- Put the strut back into the spring and put the mount onto the insulator.
- Align the mark on the mount to the notch in the strut or steering knuckle bracket.
- Compress the mount and spring assembly, install and torque the strut nut to OEM specifications.
- Reinstall the assembly.
Courtesy of KYB