2002 Golf GTI 1.8L and Jetta GLS Wagon 1.8L;
2003 Beetle 1.8L and 2.0L; Jetta GLS Wagon 1.8L and GLS 2.0L; and Passat 1.8L;
2004 Beetle 1.8L and 2.0L; Jetta 2.0L and GLS 2.0L;
2005 Beetle 2.0L; and
2006 Passat 2.0T 2.0L
Check Engine light is on. Trouble code: P2181 (18613).
Defective Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) Wiring
1. Measure engine temperature and ensure it is getting up to proper operating temperature.
2. Connect a Volkswagen-compatible scan tool and monitor engine temperature on the scan tool. Compare to the actual engine temperature to determine if the coolant sensor is working correctly.
Code P2181 (18613) is for cooling system performance. It generally means that the vehicle has a defective or leaking thermostat. If the vehicle does not warm up quickly enough to go into closed loop operation within the time programmed into the engine control module, it will set this code. This is generally cured by replacing the thermostat.
Courtesy of Identifix, Inc.
Import Car Staff Writers
Latest posts by Import Car Staff Writers (see all)
- Campbell Hausfeld Introduces New Quiet Compressors - Aug 29, 2016
- Service BMW Engines With Baum Tools Camshaft Timing Kit - Aug 29, 2016
- Gates Corp. Announces Release Of 228 New Automotive Aftermarket Parts - Aug 29, 2016