There’s nothing worse than having customers wanting service and your refrigerant recycling machine is not operating.The following are suggestions to keep your recycling machine in tip-top condition and ready to make money for your shop:
1) Make sure that during every A/C service that the oil is drained from the recycling machine. This is part of doing the service correctly, as the removed oil should be measured and that amount added back into the A/C during the charging procedure. Refer to the operation manual for instructions. Operation manuals are available for download on the RTI website in the Technical Help section.
2) Remove an access panel and do a leak check on the internal components of the recycling machine. It’s a shame to loose expensive refrigerant due to an internal leak.
3) Check and replace worn gaskets in hoses and couplers. Small pieces of gasket material can contaminate the recycling machine as well as the air conditioner being serviced.
4) Replace filters both in-line hose filters and the filters in the recycling machine. Filters should be changed yearly at minimum. Old filters can slow down the recycling process. Refer to the operation manual for instructions.
5) Check the pressure in the rear tires and fill as required. Also check that the rim bolts are all present and tight.
6) Wipe off the exterior of the recycling equipment. Remember your customer sees your shop equipment and may judge your workmanship based on how well you maintain your own equipment. RTI has dust covers for protecting your machines.
For additional information on products offered by RTI, call (800) 468-2321 or visit www.rtitech.com.