Customers may experience a check engine light and the following codes:
• P1128: Closed Loop Fueling Not Achieved – Bank 1 Upstream.
• P1524: Oil Pressure Out of Range – Camshaft Advance/Retard Disabled (EAF only).
• P1607: PCM Internal Shutdown Timer Rationality (EAB only).
• P2610: PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Performance (EAB only).
• P1239: Engine Oil Temperature Too Low (EAB only).
• P0298-00: Engine Oil Temperature Too High (EAB only).
• P2299-00: Brake Pedal Position/Accelerator Pedal Position Incompatible.
• P0456-00: EVAP System Small Leak.
Some customers may also experience the following conditions:
• Intermittent fast-crank condition.
• Cranks as if there is no compression.
• Intermittent crank – no-start condition.
In addition, the following software enhancement is available for 2013 vehicles equipped with manual transmissions (Sales Code DDF) and Euro 4 Emission (Sales Code NB4) to improved reverse lamp activation time.
Using a scan tool, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions are present, other than the ones listed earlier, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin. If the customer describes the symptom, or if the technician finds any of the above DTCs, perform the Repair Procedure.
Install a battery charger to ensure battery voltage does not drop below 13.2 volts. Do not allow the charging voltage to climb above 13.5 volts during the flash process. If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
1. Reprogram the PCM with the latest software, following the detailed instructions for flashing control modules.
2. Is vehicle equipped with a manual transmission?
a. Yes: DTC P1302 – Transmission Self-Learning will be present. Depress clutch pedal fully to allow DTC to store; proceed to Step 3.
b. No: DTC P1302 – Transmission Self-Learning will be stored; proceed to Step 3.
3. Perform the “cruise control learn” procedures.
a. Turn the ignition key to the OFF/LOCK position for 10 seconds to allow the module to power down.
b. Turn the ignition key to the ON/RUN position.
c. Press, then release, the Cruise ON/OFF button on the steering wheel.
d. Start the engine.
e. Press the cruise ON/OFF button to verify that the cruise indicator illuminates on the cluster.
4. Clear any DTCs that may have been set in other modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Courtesy of Mitchell 1.