Dorman Products, Inc. announced the release of 445 new auto parts, including 198 new-to-the-aftermarket parts, that it says advances the company’s mission to give repair professionals and vehicle owners greater freedom to fix a wide range of cars and trucks, as it continues to provide an aftermarket choice for common failures on millions of vehicles.
November’s new solutions include direct-replacement engine fuel lines (904-008 and 904-011) for over 13 million high-mileage Chevrolet and GMC vehicles, and a lower intake manifold (615-914) designed to replace the original manifold on almost nine million Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram models equipped with specified V6 engines.
Dorman is also introducing coverage this month for over two million Chevrolet and GMC pickups and SUVs. Routing factory-style rigid fuel lines under a vehicle can be difficult and time-consuming. The new OE FIX™ flexible fuel line (819-821) is manufactured to vehicle-specific length and includes brackets and factory connectors.
Jeep owners should welcome a new OE FIX steering wobble repair kit (SWS96285RD) engineered to help ensure more predictable and consistent on-road steering performance on over 600,000 select Wrangler models, says the company. Owners of that popular SUV who regularly venture off-road love the strength and precise steering articulation of the Wrangler’s solid front axle. Off the trail, though, ordinary potholes or uneven pavement can sometimes provoke a sudden and strong oscillation in the steering system. This “Jeep wobble” is typically the result of a road shock transmitted to the steering wheel through worn components in the original front suspension.
Dorman says its OE FIX solution includes upgraded, serviceable ball joints, a heavy-duty steering damper, a track bar relocation bracket to help correct the original suspension geometry, quick-disconnect sway bar links for maximum off-road steering articulation, and the hardware needed to clear larger tires on Wranglers with up to 4” of lift.
Other highlights from this month’s new product announcement include:
- An OE FIX 4WD manual locking hub assembly (600-204XD) for 1.2 million aging Ford and Lincoln SUVs.
- A front air deflector (927-311) for 1.6 million late-model Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup trucks.
- A convenient exhaust manifold hardware kit (675-223) for select Ford Super Duty pickups equipped with 6.7L diesel engines.
- A rugged windshield washer fluid reservoir (603-581) for specified GM vehicles, replacing an original reservoir that may be prone to cracking.
- A fuel filter hose (904-399) with all the hardware necessary for installation on select aging Chevy and GMC vehicles.
- A rear brake backing plate for late-model Ram 1500 pickup trucks (924-235) designed to protect braking systems from debris and corrosive elements.
- A transmission oil cooler line (624-750) for high-mileage Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner models.
To sign up to receive all of Dorman’s new product announcements directly every month, visit DormanProducts.com/signup. To learn more about Dorman, take the Dorman Virtual Tour at DormanProducts.com/tour.