Bosch has launched the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2 Plus, its newest 240 Volt, Level 2 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. The new stations will offer 30-Amp, 7.2kW and 40-Amp, 9.6kW configurations for faster EV charging and use the SAE J1772 connector for use with all standard EVs sold in North America.
Building on the popularity of the original Power Max, the Power Max 2 is sleeker and more compact offers significantly higher output power and is designed to minimize installation costs. In addition, the Power Max 2 Plus features Wi-Fi connectivity to accommodate a variety of control and monitoring applications.
“The original Power Max has been a great product for us, having been selected by several OEMs as their station and performing as the market volume leader in multiple sales channels,” said Jeff Hudnut, Bosch automotive service solutions product manager. “The second generation is even more powerful with additional features to provide a greater value for our full spectrum of customers.”
In addition to being a more powerful and compact charging station, the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2 Plus feature:
• USB data storage and Wi-Fi connectivity on Power Max 2 Plus
• Hardwired or plug-in installation configurations
• Front access to station electronics for easier, faster installation
• LEDs indicating charging status and station power
• On/off switch for zero energy consumption
• Thermal protection for vehicle, station and connection
• 18- or 25-foot cable lengths
• Weather-resistant NEMA 3R rating for outdoor installation
The new Bosch Power Max 2 and Power Max 2 Plus are now available, and pricing starts at $674 USD for the Power Max 2 30A/18-foot cable version.
For more information on the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2 Plus and other Bosch charging stations and installation services, visit BoschEVSolutions.com.